Here are some myths about recycling that may prevent us from doing more to help Mother Nature and protect our beautiful planet.
- “RECYCLABLE MATERIALS ARE DISPOSED OF AT LANDFILLS” Reality: It’s impossible! Sorting centres have no interest in sending recyclable materials to disposal since sorting centres live by reselling these precious materials. Any recyclable material has value; we have no interest in disposing of it! That’s why all recyclable materials including glass are 100% recycled!
- “WHEN IN DOUBT ABOUT A RECYCLABLE MATERIAL OR NOT, IT IS BETTER TO PUT IT IN THE BIN! ” Contrary to the information already conveyed in the media, if you do not know if the material should go to the recycle or not, find out before throwing it! By throwing it to the general garbage bin you are risking to cause breakage in sorting machines and slowing their efficiency. If the cause of recycling is important to you, be aware that your daily sorting at home is more than beneficial!
- “RINSING CONTAINERS WASTES TOO MUCH WATER! “ Reality: While it is true that rinsing containers requires a little water, this amount is negligible when compared to all the water that will be needed for the production of a new product. This not to mention all the energy and pressure that would be exerted on virgin natural resources. Some statistics on the need of water for the production of products: – 500 litres of water are needed to make 1 kg of paper.
- “RECYCLING IS NOT ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY! IT DOES NOT REDUCE GHGS!” Reality: The burial of residual materials generates about 5% of global greenhouse gas emissions in large cities. Waste continues to produce emissions for several decades after landfilling. Thanks to the small daily actions of all citizens combined with the actions of all the players in the recycling industry such as Heaps Cheap, tons of recyclable materials are diverted from landfill to recycling centres each year.
- “RUBBISH REMOVAL SERVICES MIX GARBAGE WITH RECYCLABLES” This is another non-sense myth that is not true. Those materials are valuable and no company in the right mind would simply mix them with garbage and take it to the landfill. Heaps Cheap ensures to sort out the recyclable material from general garbage when removing your rubbish.
- “RECYCLING IS NOT PROFITABLE!” On the contrary, it is profitable in every sense. Good for the planet, good for families and good for companies. Recycling rubbish has always been profitable and will continue to do so.
What do we do?
Heaps Cheap is a leading rubbish removal service that cares both about you and the planet. By hiring us to remove your rubbish, you are taking a big step towards a better Earth – no more polluted air or oceans and no more global warming. We use precise techniques and methods to handle your rubbish in the most adequate way. Call us today and we will come prepared to get you involved in the process towards a better world.